Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Blessed, simple as that.

Sometimes I take for granted all the blessings I have. I was in the elevator the other day and I overheard the two other people I was riding with complaining about never receiving a single "care package" from their parents, in really annoying voices to add. I guess a care package includes like a ton of snacks and some other stuff like needed toiletries all put in a box and sent in through the mail room, i've never gotten one before either. I had just recently gotten back from a missions trip in Newark, New Jersey and I could not help but think of how each kid there had sooo little! It made me so mad to be surrounded by people who were so spoiled and UGH! I really couldn't take it. I wanted to lash out and rebuke them and just put them in their place!

Then I thought to myself for a second. That's me. I do that too.

I find that in this day and age (haha that sounds funny) we as students, friends, family members etcetera..complain so much. This should be something that is forbidden in most places of the United States!! Not really cause I'm all for freedom of speech, but considering how lavish our lives are..well i think you can get my point. I really just want to constantly remember how much God has blessed me with, how much he takes into consideration the simple plans that I have and the petty ideas that float around in my brain. Cause He loves you and me.

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows." - James 1:17

Peace and love,

Kevin

1 comment:

  1. I feel for your elevator annoyances- in my one semester away from home I've already received care packages and letters from my mother, sisters, friends, and my more than friend. It's a wonderful feeling that everyone should know.

    ReplyDelete